The GM Future of Health Challenge is on!
When UP Ventures and Novartis asked us to be part of their innovation programme, the GM Future of Health Challenge, we couldn’t say ‘Yes’ quickly enough.
Health, innovation, technology, start-up, scale-up. And Greater Manchester. That’s pretty much everything we love.
What is the GM Future of Health Challenge?
It’s an accelerator programme specifically in healthcare. The immersive 12-week programme (beginning on 10th September this year) is aimed at discovering 15 ground-breaking health-tech specialists and entrepreneurs.
The participants can be at any stage in their business, so long as they have the potential to create real impact in healthcare, and improve people’s lives using technology in three key areas:
- Solutions that improve the experience of those with dementia and/or frailty – For vulnerable residents at risk of presenting at hospitals through social isolation, frailty and dementia
- Solutions allowing primary care and outpatient services to be delivered in or near the home for patients – For patients with a long-term condition that requires regular attendance at outpatient clinics or in a primary care setting
- Innovations to allow digital nudges to improve prevention and public health – Helping people at risk of developing conditions whose outcomes can be improved through lifestyle changes
The challenge will be based at The Landing, MediaCityUK, and – as well as Apadmi – the partners include MediaCityUK, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford Digital, Health Innovation Manchester, Novartis, Push Doctor and Google.
What’s the process?
All applications must be submitted over the next couple of weeks, as the deadline closes on 18th July – you can do so right here.
Solutions will be evaluated against the potential life impact for each resident or patient type, and the ability to see evidential improvement in:
- the patient holistic care experience
- the capacity and management of primary, community and secondary care
Fifteen successful applicants will be invited to join the programme where a series of coaches and practitioners will advise and push participants to challenge their existing thinking, improve all aspects of their business and put the customer experience first.
Each of the expert advisers will have a unique insight into developing and scaling breakthrough HealthTech products and services – which is where we come in. Our team will be part of the programme.