Competitive, negotiable salary & excellent company benefits
Trafford Park (5-minute walk from Media City)
Are you looking for your first step on the career ladder in a busy Accounts environment?
Are you an enthusiastic, self-driven and results-orientated individual with a positive outlook?
Are you confident speaking with a variety people, both internally and externally?
You could be the ideal person to join Apadmi as our new Accounts Assistant.
Apadmi have worked on some of the nation’s favourite apps, such as BBC iPlayer and the X Factor live app, and alongside major industry players across a breadth of sectors, from Jaguar Land Rover to the Co-op.
Our team is expanding rapidly, and we have a bustling office that needs your organisational skills and understanding of accounts principles to help our Business Operations run things smoothly, as we continue to grow.
Each day will be different to the last as you’ll be working on a variety of different tasks, assisting our Accounts team with payment processes and performing crucial general admin tasks that help the rest of our business function properly.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your key responsibilities as our new Accounts Assistant will vary across sales ledger, purchase ledger and cash flow tasks.
Some of these responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Project Management team to keep accurate information and ensure sales invoices are raised without error, and produced in line with Statements of Work
- Chasing outstanding aged debt, and keeping outstanding debtor days within agreed levels
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Reconciling control account, creditor statements and dealing with account and payment
- Flagging any issues where necessary to the Finance Manager
- Assisting the Admin & Accounts assistant with the inputting of purchase orders and purchase invoices, to ensure they’re signed off according to process, entered accurately and fall within month-end timetable
- Paying creditors in line with creditor terms on 2x monthly pay cycles
- Assisting the Finance Manager with accurate, short-term cash flow forecasting and providing report information within agreed timescales
- Recording bank transactions onto accounting systems, resolving any queries keeping accurate records of petty cash expenditure
- Assisting the Finance Manager with weekly dashboard reporting and month-end reconciliations, ensuring our management reporting is delivered on time
Aside from that, you’ll cover general administration tasks where our Business Operations team need your support, including
- Acting as our office reception, answering/directing calls and recording in-bound enquiries
- Sorting and distributing post
- Internal/external meeting organisation – you’ll arrange meeting rooms, organise refreshments/lunches where needed and meet & greet our visitors
- Booking travel and accommodation for our employees in line with our Travel and Subsistence Policy
- Taking charge of our general office upkeep, ensuring it’s always presentable and tidy, kitchen equipment is kept in good working order and so on, reporting issues where necessary
- Monitoring stock levels (including stationary and refreshments) and placing/amending orders as required to meet our needs as a growing business
- Performing general office tasks such as organising parking bays, key/fob allocations, processing NDAs and so on
- Assisting with social activity arrangement within budgets, including our Christmas Party, Halloween event and Summer BBQ
What we need
- A top communicator – you’ll be comfortable meeting and speaking with people internally and externally
- A basic understanding of business/office administration and accounts principles
- Fully computer literate, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package, to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- AAT qualification or similar
- GCSE Grade B or above in English and Maths (or equivalent – NVQ Level I and II in Business Administration)
- Experience of accounts software and working within an office/professional environment would be advantageous
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to work autonomously and handle multiple responsibilities with great attention to detail
Why you should join us
There are plenty of benefits to working with Apadmi – here are just a few…
If joining us as our Accounts Assistant sounds like the perfect fit for you, send across your CV for more information…