Competitive, negotiable salary & excellent company benefits
Salford Quays (5-minute walk from Media City)
Do you have strong administration skills and a thorough understanding of accounting principles, VAT and payroll practice?
Are you someone who’s always keeping their skillset up-to-date with industry regulations, with a keen eye for financial detail?
Do you have experience monitoring the day-to-day financial operations of a company, from invoicing to cashflow?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, you could be the latest addition to Apadmi as our new Assistant Accountant.
Since we launched ten years ago, our team has built a reputation and client base that we think means we can rightly call ourselves the best in the UK.
We regularly win awards for our clients who include the NHS, Argos, Co-op, Lexus, SailGP and United Utilities – and now, we’re looking to bolster our Business Operations team so that the business can continue to run smoothly as we continue with our plans for expansion.
We’re looking for a new Assistant Accountant to work across the Apadmi Group, generating and maintaining accurate financial records and reporting in accordance with statutory regulations.
You’ll be a natural forward-planner with top organisational skills and a proactive nature, comfortable working under your own initiative. You’ll be comfortable liaising with stakeholders at various business levels too, from developers right through to our Board of Directors.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Head of Business Operations, some of your key responsibilities as our Assistant Accountant will include:
- Assisting the Accounts Assistant with sales ledger related work, helping to create invoicing, chase debts, resolve queries and reconcile accounts
- Assisting with purchase ledger related work, including invoice input, payment management, resolving queries and reconciling accounts
- Assisting the Head of Business Operations with accurate short-term cashflow (3-6 months) forecasting, and providing report information within agreed timescales
- Accurately recording bank transactions onto accounting systems, resolving any queries in a timely manner
- Presenting bank reconciliations as required to Head of Business operations
- Acting as the day-to-day contact with Apadmi’s banks, ensuring data is transferred correctly and efficiently
- Arranging the payment of staff salaries through the computerised payroll system, and actioning all authorised payroll amendments
- Maintaining the payroll system, ensuring regular daily back-ups are taken
- Updating and maintaining payroll records and complying with data protection
- Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries
- Administrating the company pension, childcare and cycle to work voucher schemes
- Ensuring the completion of relevant reports and payments within the specified time frame
- Preparing and delivering payslips and Bacs payment files
- Completing all End of Year payroll returns within specified time frames
- Staying up-to-date with new legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll
- Participating in projects to develop the payroll system database, taking a lead on identifying possible improvements to the system, and playing a key role in implementing agreed changes
- Preparing/submitting the monthly payroll on Xero and reconciling monthly PAYE returns to HMRC
- Reconciling all VAT accounts, presenting these to the Head of Business Operations for review
- Creating/completing quarterly VAT returns, including Making Tax Digital submission and payment
- Preparing and circulating weekly dashboard and KPI reports
- Monitoring and reporting on key lines of expenditure against budgets, ensuring all variances are understood
- Assisting with the preparation of Apadmi’s monthly management accounts through to annual budgets
- Helping the Head of Business Operations with the maintenance of Apadmi’s financial forecasting models for a minimum 5 year period
- Preparing quarterly R&D reports, liaising with Apadmi’s Accountants at year end for submission to HMRC
What you’ll need
- An understanding of accounting principles, VAT and payroll practice along with strong administration skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a finance environment
- Mid-level AAT qualification
- A good knowledge of payroll systems, PAYE/national insurance rules and payroll deductions
- Strong computer literacy in order to produce reports and statistical data as required to meet the needs of the job role
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package, (Outlook, Word, Excel and/or Google sheets, etc)
- Experience of Xero accounting software would be preferential
- Experience of Sage patrol software would be preferential
Why you should join us
There are plenty of benefits to working with Apadmi – here are just a few…
If all this sounds like the perfect fit for you, send across your CV for more information about becoming our next Assistant Accountant.