Are you an experienced Content Writer with a passion for technology?
Do you get as much of a kick out of researching and learning about the latest digital innovation, as you do from writing about it?
Are you a confident storyteller, editor and publisher, with an inquisitive mind and a strong portfolio?
And are you into the numbers? Do you enjoy seeing your work get new views and clicks, across all channels?
If so, you could be the ideal person to join our team and help take Apadmi’s sales and marketing efforts to the next level.
Apadmi is the UK’s leading mobile-first, digital agency. We’ve delivered award-winning work for some of the biggest and most innovative brands, including BBC, NHS, Jaguar Land Rover, SailGP, the Co-op and Argos.
We’re about to add some new and exciting global names to the list – and we’re growing fast. We feel very lucky to be in the technology sector in uncertain times – clients are turning to tech to help them grow, and we’re continuing with our ambitious expansion plans to support them.
Content is a core part of our Marketing Strategy, and as our team develops, we’re looking for a top Content Writer to join us and help us reach new clients and people with our work, ideas and opinions.
This is where you come in. We want you to research, produce and edit compelling, relevant content that reinforces our position as the thought leader in all things mobile – from apps to web, voice to connected devices, innovation to inspiration.
We want you to help us go up a gear, by increasing the volume and quality of all our written pieces – from technical blogs and website copy to email content and feature articles. In return, you’ll get to join an exciting, fun, collaborative and challenging team. It’s a great to chance to develop your career in a fast-growing agency, in a fast-growing sector.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Group Marketing Manager, some of your key responsibilities as our new Content Writer will include:
- Ensuring that our public-facing content is up-to-date, accurate and relevant to the target audience
- Seeking out content opportunities and stories within the business – eg working with our Marketing Executive to repurpose press releases in the brand tone on our blog
- Quality-checking all content for grammar and typos; maintaining compliance with legal requirements, such as copyright and data protection legislation
- Owning the Apadmi voice, brand style and tone, editing the work of key stakeholders to be in keeping with this
- Managing the content calendar, working alongside our Marketing Executive to ensure this messaging stays on brand and relevant distribution channels (eg social media) are utilised
- Content types to include: blogs, newsletters, email, web content, award entries, event invites and round-ups, reports, eBooks, campaign material, sales collateral, etc
- Working with our Market Analyst to identify key trends and conversations within target sectors, producing buyer personas and relevant content to target them
- Researching the best content forms within those sectors
- Ensuring content is SEO-friendly for key target markets
- Liaising with the design team to ensure artworked content is well designed and conveys the desired messaging
- Reporting on all content to ensure that top performing content is promoted, replicated and developed, whilst poor performing content is improved or eliminated
- Liaising with key senior stakeholders to produce thought-leadership content
- Writing feature articles to be submitted to key publications in target sector
- Taking a proactive approach to content, regularly researching other tech blogs, new trends etc and putting forward ideas that will help keep our content fresh and ensure we’re always improving
What we need
- A real passion for technology, with the ability to research a variety of topics within the sector and write confidently about it, furthering your learning in this area
- At least 2 years of experience of writing, editing and publishing content
- An understanding of SEO and its impact/relevance to different forms of content would be beneficial
- A strong portfolio of great and varied content which you can showcase
- Excellent research skills to identify upcoming topics for future content, provide analysis on our competitors and other industry content
- Superb attention to detail and time management skills
- A true creative, with an ability to propose new and exciting ideas
- An inquisitive mind and keen to understand performance analytics to identify why content is or is not working
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi as our Content Writer, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
Plus, we’re rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network. You’ll also have your own personal development plan, to ensure you’re always progressing and learning the skills that will advance you along your chosen career path.