Senior Front-End Software Developer
Are you an experienced software engineer with a focus on front-end development?
Do you find the UI a thing of beauty, wanting to push creative boundaries with the websites and portals you build?
Are you interested in working for one of the UK’s leading mobile technology companies?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’, you could be just the person we’ve been looking for to help us deliver innovative products that will lead and disrupt the mobile technology market.
Apadmi have worked on some of the UK’s biggest brands, from the Co-op and NHS to Argos and the BBC. We’re also going through a period of expansion, and right now we’re on the look-out for a Senior Front-End Software Developer to pour their enthusiasm into making stunning user interfaces.
We want you to be truly inventive with consumer-focussed sites, helping us to create impactful, visually-stunning UI experiences that match the huge ambitions and expectations of our big-brand clients.
As a senior member of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll guide teams with your understanding of what great front-end implementation means to a project. You’ll help them to deliver top work, using the best technology the industry has to offer, whilst ensuring they perform in the most efficient way possible.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as our Senior Front-End Software Developer, your duties will include:
- Identify the right frameworks/tools for clients, with clear justification
- Contribute to design documentation, assessing suitability of designs for ease of implementation
- Create development plans for a complete project, including the breakdown and estimation of tasks
- Write software in a variety of languages, always ensuring the quality of the work delivered is of the highest standard
- Create technical information and impact assessments on technical changes suitable for change requests
- Understand and use development environments and associated tools
- Manage technical issues, including mentoring/guiding junior members of the team in how to approach their challenges
- Ensure the highest quality of projects in line with project policy, such as code documentation, agreeing developer test strategies, performing code reviews, using source code control, managing defects and releasing builds
- Report and provide technical insight to Project Managers and other Technical Leads, taking ownership for Apadmi’s front-end projects
- Escalate any staff issues to the team lead where necessary
- Present to the wider team with updates on projects and technology changes
- Provide technical liaison with clients where appropriate, prototyping new UI to demo innovations and improvements a client could take
What we need
We’re looking for a real through-leader when it comes to front-end tech stacks.
Plus, you’ll need to be a great communicator as you’ll work closely with our developers, UX team and clients. However, as our new Senior Front-End Software Developer, there are a few additional skills we’d like you to have, including:
- Knowledge of tools like webpack, grunt and gulp, as well as a strong understanding of GitFlow and source control
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks, and the ability to identify good candidates for testing
- The ability to set in place and maintain a CI/CD solution that fits the needs of the team
- A keen eye for design and current trends, with good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- The ability to write clear, succinct code that defines clear separation of concerns
- Comfortable as a tech lead on a project – you won’t be phased when needing to present your work to developers or clients
- Experience with CMS and eCommerce platforms
- A passion for continuous improvement, with top problem-solving skills
Why you should join us
There are plenty of benefits to working with Apadmi – here are just a few…
If all this sounds like the perfect fit for you, send across your CV and we’ll send you more information about our Senior Front-End Software Developer position…