Front-End Software Developer
If you’ve answered ‘yes’, you could be just the person we’ve been looking for.
Apadmi have worked on some of the UK’s biggest brands, from the Co-op and NHS to Argos and the BBC. We’re also going through a period of expansion, and right now we’re on the look-out for someone to pour their enthusiasm into making stunning user interfaces.
Skills you need
- 3-4 years’ experience building bespoke user interfaces, preferably with demonstrable consumer-focussed examples
- Proficient in Angular and React with real commercial experience
- A clear understanding of UX issues and approaches
You’ll be working with a wide variety of clients from many different industries, so versatility is essential along with the ability to work unsupervised on projects whilst producing solid engineering solutions.
We want you to be truly inventive with consumer-focussed sites, helping us to create impactful, visually-stunning UI experiences that match the huge ambitions and expectations of our big-brand clients.
You’ll need great communication skills too, working closely with our UX team to bring their designs to life. Plus, you’ll need a thorough understanding of back-end development processes so you can work alongside our other engineers for handovers.
Additional skills we’d like you to have:
- Experience of continuous delivery, TDD and CI
- Experience leading teams and delivering green field systems
- Experience of API design with code auto generation
- The ability to use test frameworks and auto testing
- Experience of using D3.js or similar data visualisation libraries
Reporting to the Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast-paced, agile environment to produce high-quality client applications – intuitive, consumer-focussed UI, across a wide variety of clients, websites, portals and other front-end development
- Maintaining strong communication with all key stakeholders, such as the design team and our clients, providing them with technical liaison where needed
- Developing a deep understanding of the business to inform the creation of innovative solutions to real-world problems
- Providing technical input to the Project Manager and Technical Lead, as well as regular reports and status updates
- Understanding and using development environments and associated tools, following coding standards in line with project policy
- Ensuring the high quality of software builds, by regularly reviewing, testing and documenting code, using source code control and managing any defects
- Helping to develop front-end skills across the team, establishing strong best practice, sharing your ideas and mentoring younger members where needed giving them the benefit of your experience
Whilst we care about hiring highly-qualified team members, we’re also interested in your personality.
We’ll expect you to work collaboratively and in a supportive way within the business, but we’ll also expect you to be an ambitious, passionate individual who participates in regular training to ensure the strongest skillset.
We’d like you to be:
- Self-driven, results-orientated and with a positive outlook
- A natural forward-planner with a critical eye, able to spot potential issues on projects
- A multi-tasker, but with a keen eye for detail
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
We’re also rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network.
Aside from this though, we’ll offer you plenty of benefits. To give you a taster, they include:
If all this sounds like the perfect fit for you, send across your CV for more information.