Senior Mobile Developer
Do you have experience in the design, development, documentation, testing and delivering of software solutions?
Do you balance your deep technical knowledge with top organisational and problem-solving skills?
Do you have strong OOP and design pattern knowledge, with experience leading a team on technical projects?
If so, you could be our next Senior Mobile Developer, and help take Apadmi to the next level.
Since we launched ten years ago, our team has built a reputation and client base that we think means we can rightly call ourselves the best in the UK.
We regularly win awards for our clients who include the NHS, Argos, Co-op, Lexus, SailGP and United Utilities – and that means we need a top team of developers to keep up the good work.
Right now, we’ve got a new opportunity for you to join us as a Senior Mobile Developer. Not only will you work with our designers and their documentation to build high quality software within timeframes and project plans, to the best coding standards, but you’ll be more than capable of stepping into the Technical Lead role on a project too.
You’ll be a natural forward planner, able to critically assess output and delegate development tasks within a team, taking responsibility for technical decisions and estimates whilst ensuring the smooth technical delivery of a project.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your key responsibilities cover the following areas:
Technical Architecture and Planning
- Creating technical documentation and architecture suitable for peer review, whilst performing peer reviews on the work of others
- Contributing to design documentation, assessing their suitability for easy implementation
- Devising development plans for a complete project, including the breakdown and estimation of tasks
- Generating technical information and impact assessments on technical changes suitable for change requests
- Managing technical issues, acting as a mentor and providing guidance to graduate and software engineers with technical issues
- Providing technical insight and taking ownership for complex technical engagements
- Writing software in a variety of languages, understanding and using development environments and associated tools, all whilst following coding standards in line with project policy
- Provide technical input and regularly reporting progress to the relevant Project Manager and Technical Lead
Quality and Delivery
- Agreeing developer testing strategies for project policies, and performing code reviews in line with them
- Documenting code, managing defects, using source code control and releasing all builds in line with project policies
- Ensuring the quality of code merged, and the quality of the work delivered, to the project mainline
- Ensuring developer test builds before submission to Apadmi’s QA team
- Liaising with customers as a technical consultant when necessary
- Be an empathetic lead, communicating clearly with team members whilst maintaining strict confidentiality, escalating any staff issues to the team lead where necessary
- Be comfortable dealing with our Executive Management Team and Directors
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi as a Senior Mobile Developer, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
Plus, we’re rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network. You’ll also have your own personal development plan, to ensure you’re always progressing and learning the skills that will advance you along your chosen career path.