If you’re an experienced Server Developer with a history of technically leading a project, from discovery, to design, development and delivery we want to hear from you!
Apadmi is looking for a trailblazing Senior Server Developer well-seasoned in developing server based software solutions in one or more of the following languages; NodeJS, .Net, Java. A successful candidate will also have the ability to commission and deploy to hosting environments in one or more of the following cloud providers; AWS, Azure or GCP.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing and flexible company – and an equally important trait in our ideal candidate is someone who’s willing to stand out from the crowd and innovate within their role.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, document, test and deliver software solutions. You will be expected to build high quality software within a timeframe set out by a project plan. All work will be compliant with coding standards and design documents.
- Make technical decisions relating to the implementation of a technical design as well as delegate development tasks within a team. Be capable of carrying out a project Technical Lead role.
- The Technical Lead is a project role assigned on a given project to a Senior Software Engineer or above. A Tech Lead is responsible for technical decisions, estimates and technical delivery of the project.
- A Tech Lead distributes work amongst the team and is the technical point of contact in internal and external project communications, including the client.
What we need
- An expert in developing server based software solutions in one or more of the following languages; NodeJS, .Net, Java
- The ability to commission and deploy to hosting environments in one or more of the following cloud providers; AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience in technically leading a project, from discovery, to design, development and delivery.
- A track record of delivering to a deadline.
- Knowledge and appreciation of project NFRs; code quality, performance and security considerations.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers, patient and a strong team player.
What makes an ideal candidate?
- Comfortable liaising with other project stakeholders including Product Owners, Project Managers and clients.
- An empathetic communicator, able to understand business needs and stakeholder points of view with the ability to communicate this to the rest of the technical team.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities within;
- the project engineering team – mentoring, code reviews and producing documentation
- the wider project team and client – requirements gathering and refinement, design decisions and understanding business value
- the business – sharing best practices with the wider engineering team
- Effectively delegate tasks where necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with those with a varying technical ability
Why work at Apadmi?
- We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
- Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
- Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
- To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
- We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community