Apadmi Limited (‘we’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents we refer to in this policy set out how we will use your personal information and with whom it will be shared. Please read the following carefully.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you (‘your information’):
- information that you submit online via our site including your name, company name, contact information including email address, business address, job title, mobile phone number and other information relevant to customer surveys;
- any correspondence you send to us;
- details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data).
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
How will we use your information?
We collect your information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you and/or to customise the Site according to your interests;
- for our internal purposes, such as Internal record keeping, quality control or to improve our products and services, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in the features of the Site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the Site and record your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of the Site.
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
We use ‘cookies’ to collect the information referred to below and track your use of the Site.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or other device to allow a website to recognise you as a user when you return to the website using the same computer and web browser, either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’).
Other similar files work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Cookies are an extremely common technology for remembering certain information about a visitor to a website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: to analyse the use of the Site by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around the Site. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- Functionality Cookies: to recognise you when you return to the Site so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by remembering your country and site preferences; and
- Tracking Cookies: to record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We may use this to make the Site more relevant to your interests.
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by this Site (or, indeed, on any other site) you can do this through your browser settings.
The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Please note that, as these websites are not owned or operated by Apadmi Limited, we are not responsible for any of the content on them. Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this Site.
Below is a list of the main cookies used on the Site and what each is used for:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Purpose|
|__atuvc||This is used by the AddThis social sharing system. Used on blog posts within the site to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count.|
|__ss||This is used to help us improve future marketing preferences should you choose to opt into them.|
|__ss_referrer||This is used to help us identify where site visitors have come from before entering the Apadmi website.|
|__ss_tk||This is used to help us improve future marketing preferences should you choose to opt into them.|
|_hjDonePolls||Used by HotJar pageview tracking. Used to conduct polls for people leaving the website to help us improve overall website performance.|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Used by HotJar pageview tracking. The cookie identifies a visitor during a single browser session and indicates if they are included in an audience sample.|
|ubpv||Used by Unbounce to track landing page usage. The service allows us to test the effectiveness of different versions of web pages, and ensure that visitors consistently see the expected version of a page.|
|ubvs||Used by Unbounce to track landing page usage. The service allows us to test the effectiveness of different versions of web pages, and ensure that visitors consistently see the expected version of a page.|
|_dc_gtm_UA-10591419-1||Used for Google Tag Manager to help improve site visitor tracking and movement through our website, and use the Google AdRoll service to display personalised advertisements on AdRoll partner websites.|
|_eventqueue||Used by Clicky Analytics to log data about a site visitors journey through the website.|
|_first_pageview||Used by Clicky Analytics to help us improve overall site performance.|
|_ga||Used for Google Analytics. This helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers and response to marketing activity. That information helps us to improve the website and your shopping experience, and to make our marketing campaigns relevant.|
|_gat_UA-10591419-1||Used for Google Analytics to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites and help us improve site performance.|
|_jsuid||Used by Clicky Analytics to identify if a visitor is a new visitor to the website, or a returning visitor.|
|_referrer_og||Used for Clicky Analytics to identify where site visitors are coming to our website from.|
|optimizelyBuckets||Used by Optimizely to store the page variants assigned to a user for A/B performance testing to help us improve the users journey through the website.|
|optimizelyEndUserId||This cookie is a unique user identifier to enable us to perform A/B testing on the website.|
|optimizelyPendingLogEvents||Records user activity through the website so we can facilitate A/B testing and determine which parts of the website are performing better than others.|
|euCookiesAccepted||This cookie lets us know that the visitor has previously accepted cookies on the website.|
|optimizelySegments||This cookie holds audience segmentation information for a visitor for an A/B testing tool called Optimizely.|
|ubvt||Used by Unbounce to track landing page usage. The service allows site us to test the effectiveness of different versions of web pages, and ensure that visitors consistently see the expected version of a page.|
Adverts and ad personalisation
We do not pass on your data to third parties for marketing purposes. If you have provided your information to us and given consent for us to contact you, we may contact you by email, SMS or telephone with:
- information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you (or those you are seeking from us) – for example, our monthly newsletter or related technology events;
- other information which we think you may find interesting;
- promotional information regarding third parties which we think you may find interesting;
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
- your consent for us to communicate with you via marketing material will depend on the original purpose you granted consent. For example, if you consent to us contacting you to send you our monthly newsletter, we will send this to you indefinitely, or until you opt out of our email communications.
If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email, SMS or telephone only if you consent.
You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us here.
You may opt out of any email marketing at any time through clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails.
Where do we transfer your information?
We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws.
If we transfer your data to the United States of America, we will endeavour to only send the data to companies which are Safe Habor registered and certified. It may also be processed by staff at our affiliates, suppliers, agents or appointed representatives’ offices overseas.
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your information with other organisations as per the points below:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer);
- if we or substantially all of our company assets are acquired by another party, in which case your information will be one of the transferred assets;
- business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you;
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce any other agreements or to protect our rights, property or our customers, etc. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about Visitors to the Site with third parties.
We may also share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of credit card clearance/credit reference/order fulfilment/delivery/data analysis/customer support/storage services.
How do we keep your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All your information is stored securely on hosted servers. Any actions you perform on the site which are related to your account will be encrypted.
If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the Site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential.
If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other sites
The Site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites.
If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies.
Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of the Site or through any communications that you have had with us.
You have the right to access your information and should direct any request for your information to us here.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to rectify your information by sending us a written request to us here.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information (or pass your information to other companies or organisations) for marketing purposes. You can request this by contacting us here.
If you have a complaint about how we have used your information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Any changes will take effect seven (7) days after the date of our email or the date on which we post the modified terms on the Site, whichever is the earlier.
Your continued use of the Site after that period expires means that you agree to be bound by the modified policy.
How to contact us
The Site is owned by Apadmi Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our office trading address is Level 9, Anchorage Two, Salford Quays, M50 3XE and our registered company number is 06213531.