Development Operations Engineer
Do you enjoy working with software development teams to design and implement internal systems?
Do you have experience collaborating with mobile engineers on build scripts, in order to build, test and deploy iOS and Android apps?
If so, you could be the ideal person to join our team and help take Apadmi’s tech builds to the next level.
Since we launched ten years ago, the Apadmi team has built a reputation and client base that we think means we can rightly call ourselves the best in the UK.
As experts in the full mobile ecosystem, we’ve always believed in staying ahead of key industry trends. Now, as we continue to expand rapidly, we’re looking for a new Development Operations Engineer to assist our teams in the design, deployment and ongoing maintenance/improvement of their systems.
You’ll be highly motivated with excellent organisation skills and a keen eye for detail. Plus, you’ll feel comfortable working under your own initiative, as you’ll have multiple projects/responsibilities to work on at any one time.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Infrastructure Engineer, your key responsibilities as our new Development Operations Engineer will include:
- Collaborating with server engineers on the design of scalable, secure and modern architectures for new projects
- Working with support engineers to monitor and maintain deployed systems
- Assisting mobile engineers with build scripts, to build, test, and deploy iOS and Android apps
- Maintaining CI/CD infrastructure
- Researching and prototyping new technologies, evaluating their suitability for projects
What we need
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitrise, Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible)
- Version control (Git)
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud)
- Comfortable working in *Nix or Windows terminal
But while we care about hiring highly-qualified team members, we’re also interested in your personality.
We’ll expect you to work collaboratively and in a supportive way within the business, but we’ll also expect you to be an ambitious, passionate individual who participates in regular training to ensure the strongest skill set.
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi as our Development Operations Engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
Plus, we’re rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network. You’ll also have your own personal development plan, to ensure you’re always progressing and learning the skills that will advance you along your chosen career path.