Are you an experienced engineer who can manage infrastructure systems, always keeping scalability, reliability and good practice front of mind?
Have you got an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure services and cloud infrastructure principles, with a DevOps focus?
Do you enjoy evolving your skillset in-line with the rapid technology industry, feeding that knowledge back into your team?
If you’re intrigued, you could be the ideal person to join Apadmi as our new Infrastructure Engineer.
Apadmi have worked on some of the nation’s favourite apps, such as BBC iPlayer and the X Factor live app, and alongside major industry players across a breadth of sectors, from Jaguar Land Rover to the Co-op.
As experts in the full mobile ecosystem, we’ve always believed in staying ahead of key industry trends. Now, as we continue to expand rapidly, we’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering innovative products that will continue to lead and disrupt the mobile technology market.
We’ll want you to take the lead in how we work, influencing business processes and the skills we have as a unit. You’ll technically guide projects with clear understanding on the impact infrastructure choices can have, communicating succinct feedback when advising and reporting on disparate systems.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your key responsibilities as our new Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Utilising infrastructure as code to deliver automated, predictable and scalable infrastructure
- Managing and implementing PaaS and IaaS
- Designing infrastructure with security as a key objective
- Optimising workflows through automation
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice and technology
- Delivering capacity reviews and recommendations to adjust infrastructure based on agreed thresholds
- Analysing solutions for our client projects, working with our IT, PM, dev and management teams
- Participating and contributing to operational documents/client bids where suitable
- Implementing DevOps tools for monitoring and performance management
- Reviewing cost/performance management on live projects
- Investigating issue trends and devising solutions
What we need
- In-depth knowledge of Windows/Linux OS
- Experience with scripting (Powershell, Ruby, Python, Java)
- Certifications in key areas (e.g. AWS)
- Knowledge in system administration including OS/firmware patching maintenance
- A strong understanding of standard architecture and development
- Good knowledge of software lifecycle management, and various infrastructure services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SEP and SCCM
- Proficient with GUI and CLI access to remote services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc)
- Good understanding of how to secure systems and detect intrusion, as well as virtualization technologies and storage fundamentals
- Familiar with config management systems, source code management and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure principles (Load balancing, high availability, server/serverless architecture, DB configurations)
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi as our Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
Plus, we’re rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network. You’ll also have your own personal development plan, to ensure you’re always progressing and learning the skills that will advance you along your chosen career path.