Competitive, negotiable salary & excellent company benefits
Trafford Park (5-minute walk from Media City)
Are you effective at managing team members to deliver high-quality software development projects to strict deadlines?
Do you have the foresight and experience to allocate the right resource to a project, whilst maintaining a critical eye to track its progress against agreed plans?
If you’re still reading, and you consider yourself a top Project Manager with plenty of experience in software development, you could be just the person we’ve been looking for.
Apadmi have worked on some of the nation’s favourite apps, such as BBC iPlayer and the X Factor live app, and alongside major industry players across a breadth of sectors, from Jaguar Land Rover to the Co-op.
Right now, we’re looking to hire an experienced Project Manager, who can deliver client projects in accordance with agreed time, cost and quality criteria. You’ll need great communication skills, as this role will form that key single point of contact between client and internal stakeholders.
You’ll be working on a range of projects at any one time, so we need someone that’s used to regularly tracking the progress of several developments. You’ll also need to provide regular status reports to both the client and your own team, informing your line manager of any issues preventing successful delivery.
What you’ll do
Reporting to our Operations Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Programme planning, providing input on the Apadmi resource plan to ensure each project has adequate resource throughout the development lifecycle
- Project planning, from agreeing the delivery plan with the client, technical lead and sprint sheets, to tracking the progress of each project
- Project delivery, ensuring client release is of a high quality, whilst maintaining records of resource effort, expenditure and cash flow
- Quality assurance, ensuring all deliverables are of a high standard, that the correct Apadmi processes are being used by the whole team, and defining the appropriate tools to be used for SCM
- Providing input into the bid process, ensuring all bids contain accurate estimates of design time, testing, implementation and so on
- People management, including the provision of appraisal feedback, the escalation of repeat issues or and the reporting of major staff concerns to the Operations Director
We’d like you to be:
- Self-driven, results-orientated and with a positive outlook
- Good at forging strong working relationships – always professional with clients, but approachable and personable with your colleagues
- A natural forward-planner, able to spot potential issues that could hinder project delivery
- A multi-tasker with top organisational skills, able to prioritise workload and team tasks
You’ll find our approach slightly different from most companies.
While we care about hiring highly-qualified team members, we’re also interested in your personality.
We’ll expect you to work collaboratively and in a supportive way within the business, but we’ll also expect you to be an ambitious, passionate individual who participates in regular training to ensure the strongest skillset.
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
If you join Apadmi as our next Project Manager, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside one of the best mobile development teams in the country, with the chance to make a difference to our every-day workings as a company.
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! As tech experts, we’re always looking for the latest developments in our industry that will help make us more efficient, so we expect the same from you.
We’re also rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network.
Aside from this though, we’ll offer you plenty of benefits. To give you a taster, they include: