Do you have experience designing, developing and delivering high-quality software solutions in-line with coding best practice?
Are you a natural problem-solver with great attention to detail?
Are you proficient in a variety of software languages with a keen interest in “what’s next” for the technology sector?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, you could be the latest addition to Apadmi as a Software Engineer, in either our mobile or server development teams.
Since we launched ten years ago, our team has built a reputation and client base that we think means we can rightly call ourselves the best in the UK.
We regularly win awards for our clients who include the NHS, Argos, Co-op, Lexus, SailGP and United Utilities – and that means we need a top team of developers to keep up the good work.
We’ve undergone a huge period of growth recently – but we’re not stopping yet, and currently have several software engineer roles available within both our mobile and server teams.
You’ll get the chance to work on huge UK and global brands delivering software builds to top standards. You’ll be highly motivated with demonstrated software development competence, and the ability to work unsupervised on projects.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Operations Director, your key responsibilities as our new Software Engineer cover the following areas:
- Reporting and providing technical input to Project Manager and Technical Lead where needed
- Independently producing solid engineering solutions
- Contributing to technical and design documentation
- Contributing to the breakdown and estimation of tasks and change requests
- Understanding and using development environments and associated tools
- Managing technical issues
- Ensuring your work is delivered to project main line, always following coding standards in line with project policy
- Ensuring the high quality of your work – regularly testing and documenting code in line with project policy and subjecting it to code reviews
- Using source code control and managing defects in line with project policy
- Releasing builds in line with project policy, always testing those builds before submission to Apadmi QA
- Acting as a technical liaison with our customer where needed
What you’ll need
- The ability to write software in a variety of languages
- At least 12 months relevant industry experience
- Good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- A passion for personal development – you’ll always keep up to date with industry best practice and technology
- Great communication skills, confident speaking with other members of the team and escalating any staff issues to team lead