Apadmi prides itself on being one of the best mobile Digital Product Creation teams in the country. Our clients include the UK’s leading brands, and we get the chance to work with them and make a real difference.
Our design team is growing, so we’re looking for a Senior UI Designer who can create amazing new visual concepts and experiences for that will delight our clients and their customers, and that are as innovative as they are impactful.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be a senior and active member of the design team who has experience of working in agile teams and enjoys close collaboration with UX designers and developers – from idea to execution. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
You’ll lead the UI for clients, so we’re after someone who’s with management experience and can direct junior designers as well as build great relationships with our customers. You’ll have a great portfolio of work, with proven mobile experience. You must have a passion for visual design – always in touch with the latest trends and looking for fresh inspiration.
- Lead the design of the full visual experience across the whole range of products we deliver
- Create high-level visual concepts that are as original as they are impactful, both hand sketches and in software tools
- Present to clients and colleagues, communicating and selling your ideas with confidence
- Work in close partnership with Senior UX Designer to create innovative and intuitive visual designs that meet user and product requirements
- Work with the UX designer to further develop wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flow and site maps where necessary.
- Design interactive prototypes that effectively explore and communicate process, interaction and design concepts.
- Produce high-quality visual designs in a variety of software tools that can be implemented by a development team.
- Analyse requirements and provide accurate estimates for the design phase of a project.
- Deliver design work on programs of any size with minimal oversight.
- Be experienced working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Give clear UI direction and helpful feedback to junior designers, to develop stronger designs and their careers
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of digital design experience, ideally in a digital agency or consultancy. ● A brilliant portfolio of UI designs, impactful and effective and with a significant number of mobile examples
- A passion for technology
- Good knowledge of current official UI guidelines for mobile platforms. ● Expert in design software such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma
- Knowledge of good design practice and trends across multiple platforms, including web and mobile
- Experience of Scrum, SAFE, or other Agile principles.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong creative, organisational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Must have been in client-facing roles and have project experience in working with teams on different projects.
Why work for Apadmi
- We are at the forefront of Digital Impact in the UK. We work with some of the brands, creating the future digital product solutions, and you will be able to look back and proudly say “I did that”.
- You will be surrounded by a team of experts, challenging yourself and others, to work with clients on solutions that will deliver real change and value.
- We offer an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
- We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
- Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
- Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office with free on-site parking provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
- To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
- We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community