Apadmi prides itself on being one of the best mobile Digital Product Creation teams in the country. Our clients include the UK’s leading brands, and we get the chance to work with them and make a real difference.
We’re looking for a Creative Director who can lead Apadmi’s design team, champion innovation and ideas and delight our clients by delivering solutions that stand out and impact.
The Creative Director will be an active part of the Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the Managing Director, so we’re after someone who’s managed and directed a multi-disciplinary creative team and has a brilliant portfolio of work. You must have a passion for digital, especially mobile.
What you’ll do
The Creative Director be responsible for finding and identifying new, innovative ideas and concepts for our clients and prospects, and then driving and leading the Design Team – UX & UI – to deliver the fully formed solutions that set new standards. You will be equally comfortable with the commercial aspects of Agile Operations as well as classical delivery.
You’ll take the lead on the creative element to our new business opportunities and you’ll pitch to prospects and existing clients, so the ability to sell ideas is an important part of the role. We’re proud of the long-term relationships we build at Apadmi and collaboration with our clients is a key part of that. You should be a people person who relishes the challenge of working with different personalities to get the best result.
The Creative Director will mentor our current team, leading by example and by developing new processes and ways of working to unlock their best ideas and shape the execution of them.
The mobile space is growing and the opportunities that new technologies create are vast. You don’t need to be technical, but you should follow latest trends and innovations and be excited by the creative possibilities they bring. Our goals is to lead the market by delivering progressive and disruptive products, that unlock new value for all our clients. Your job is to be the creative champion of those products.
What we need
- Someone who is able to demonstrate a robust background with extensive experience in a client facing, creative leadership role in a DIGITAL environment.
- Have a broad portfolio of creative work that is as impactful as it is effective.
- Be passionate about technology.
- Be able to deliver Digital Products successfully, on time, and on budget for our many different clients, whether working Agile, Classical or something in between.
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs. Timelines, budgets, and availability change.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- You are the on-the-ground influencer for design, culture and innovation; a star in the design community.
- You’ll lead the Design Team on various initiatives across product and digital design, always with the mission of consuming, cultivating, and spreading your design expertise.
- Working with other members of the leadership team to support the Managing Director in building a strong and robust culture of leadership and responsibility within the business
What you’ll need
- 10+ years of digital design
- Experience in a digital agency or consulting environment.
- Experience in direct marketing, digital creative and UI design with proven conceptual and design abilities.
- Experience of Scrum, SAFE, or other Agile principles.
- Excellent storyteller and persuasive speaker.
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Must have been in client-facing roles and have project experience in working with teams on different projects.
- Must possess a deep understanding in related creative & design tracks.
- Passionate attitude with willingness and enthusiasm to own your own growth.
- This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday.
Why work for Apadmi
- We are at the forefront of Digital Impact in the UK. We work with some of the brands, creating the future digital product solutions, and you will be able to look back and proudly say “I did that”.
- You will be surrounded by a team of experts, challenging yourself and others, to work with clients on solutions that will deliver real change and value.
- We offer an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
- We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
- Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development.
- Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
- Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office with free on-site parking provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
- To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
- We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community