Apadmi prides itself on being one of the best mobile Digital Product Creation teams in the country. Our clients include the UK’s leading brands, and we get the chance to work with them and make a real difference.
Our design team is growing, so we’re looking for a Senior UX Designer who can define and design the experiences for that will delight our clients and their customers, delivering value at every step.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be a senior and active member of the design team who has experience of working in agile teams and enjoys close collaboration with strategists, product managers and UI designers – from Discovery to Delivery. You’ll be the champion of the future user, always looking for the insights that will unlock the ideas that lead to innovative and impactful new solutions.
You’ll lead the UX research during Discovery – interviewing customers, running workshops, analysing behaviours and identifying pain/gain points. You’ll then help establish new KPIs, designing the journeys and wireframes to prototype and test with users. Your strong knowledge of usability testing to validate and improve the experiences you design is critical here.
You’ll lead the UX for key accounts, so we’re after someone with management experience and – crucially – can build strong relationships with our clients. You’ll have a great portfolio of work, with proven mobile experience.
Your passion for creating amazing experiences should be infectious – you should push the rest of the team to realise your vision.
- Lead user experience design across the whole range of products we deliver
- Work in close partnership with Senior UX Designer to create new, innovative and engaging experiences that meet user and product requirements
- Work closely with Product Managers to design and deliver stakeholder workshops through Discovery and into the product lifecycle.
- Define the appropriate UX research required for each product, including different usability testing techniques, and lead the delivery of it.
- Unlock the insights from research and communicate them clearly to clients and colleagues
- Design and build wireframes and prototypes in appropriate tools including Marvel, Figma, Sketch or similar.
- Create storyboards, user journey maps, process flows and site maps.
- Actively seek out the latest UX thinking and techniques and share with your team
- Present to clients and colleagues, communicating and selling your ideas with confidence
- Analyse requirements and provide accurate estimates for the UX elements of a project.
- Be experienced working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Give clear UX direction and helpful feedback to junior colleagues, as a mentor and manager
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of UX experience, ideally in a digital agency or consultancy.
- A brilliant portfolio of products that highlight where your UX skills have made a real impact. There should be a significant number of mobile examples
- Great people skills. You should love working with others.
- A passion for technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest UX techniques and approaches
- Proven Usability Testing experience
- Expertise in prototyping tools such as Marvel, Sketch, Figma or similar
- Experience of Scrum, SAFE, or other Agile principles.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
- Must have been in client-facing roles and have project experience in working with teams on different projects.
Why work for Apadmi
- We are at the forefront of Digital Impact in the UK. We work with some of the brands, creating the future digital product solutions, and you will be able to look back and proudly say “I did that”.
- You will be surrounded by a team of experts, challenging yourself and others, to work with clients on solutions that will deliver real change and value.
- We offer an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
- We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
- Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
- Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office with free on-site parking provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
- To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
- We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community